2011年7月20日 星期三

[洋將] Don’t forget to screw in your cleats!

Lamigo桃猿

Don’t forget to screw in your cleats!
http://ppt.cc/4S1c

魔鬼果然藏在細節裡XD。謹記!鎖緊每一顆螺絲

Last night prior to my start in Tainan against the Lions (sorry had the
Elephants before made the correction now), I’m about to warm up on the field
and noticed something is wrong with one of my cleats. I look down and see
that my metal spikes are about to come off. For those of you who don’t know
many Asian type cleats are interchangeable and have screws and metal plates
with the cleats on them. My cleat was missing two screws and the metal frame
was dangling. I guess I didn’t realize after each start you should tighten
up the screws because they can come loose. This all happened 20 minutes
before the game. I scrambled around the locker room looking for someone who
one had the special tool to unscrew them or some extra screws. Luckily, our
equipment manager Ashton found the tool. Unfortunately, that was all that he
found. I had to now remove the middle cleat plate from both shoes to be worn
evenly. This was extremely awkward at first when I started to jog and get
loose, but I guess it could have been worse.

在昨晚到台南對抗喵喵之前(抱歉我之前說成♥♥了@@”),我正要場上熱身。

有件怪事發生了=w=,我的釘鞋好像出了點問題哩。

 

我彎下腰來看看,釘鞋上的金屬釘竟然快脫落了。囧

可能有許多家鄉的捧優們不知道亞洲的釘鞋長怎樣,

這邊的鞋釘是連著一塊金屬板的,上面有螺絲釘,而且可以做更換。

(這真是太神奇了 傑克!.....杜拉克!)

我的兩光釘鞋竟然少了兩顆螺絲釘XD,

而金屬板就這樣可憐得吊在那兒兩光兩光的晃來晃去。

或許每次先發完之後,我都應該把這些螺釘給拴緊,

畢竟經過比賽之後這些螺釘可能會鬆脫,是我疏忽了Orz。

這些倒霉事發生在比賽前20分鐘,我在休息室裡慌亂的到處找人,

希望有人能給我適合的工具或是多的螺絲釘。

好哩家在,我們能幹的的器材經理--阿許敦--找到了適當的工具。

不過……媽媽樂…這也是所有能變出來的東西了。

我唯一的選擇就是把左右兩邊的中央鞋釘拆掉,這樣我才能保持平衡。

當我開始慢跑與熱身的時候,感覺真的古怪透頂了(T_T),而且我猜這還不是最糟的。

 

The game wasn’t one of my better games. We lost 4-3 and I threw 5.1 innings.
I left the game tied at 2. The most amazing part of the game was the rain
delay. As typhoon type rain came down in the top of the 8th inning, the field
crew runs on the field and covers the mound and home plate. I then noticed
them putting 10 x 10 foot tarps over each base individually. I turn to Steve
Hammond and ask where is the big tarp to cover everything. He replies you are
looking at them.  I only wish I was able to get video or pictures of the
amount of rain that came down and was sitting on the field. I honestly would

amount of rain that came down and was sitting on the field. I honestly would
have bet $100 that there was no chance we could play especially after an hour
of non stop rain and with the baselines, second base, short stop, and third
base completely exposed. After the rain stopped about 30 kids ran onto the
field with sponges and soaked up the field. I laughed a bit seeing these guys
with small sponges trying to work, because there was so much water. I have to
give it to them though, they worked very hard and somehow we got the rest of
the game in.

果然,我表現的不太好,我們以四比三輸球惹(╰(‵皿′*)╯崩潰!!!)。

我只投了5.1局而已。在二比二平手時讓隊友接管了比賽。

整場比賽最讓人吃驚的是因雨中斷比賽,八局上的時候降下了一場颱風級的大雨,

工作人員奮勇衝出把投手丘以及本壘板蓋了起來。

有件事吸引了我的注意,他們將十英呎見方的防水布蓋在每一個壘包上。

我轉過頭去問悍猛葛格說

”Hey, 應該有個超大防水布把所有東西嗎,布是嗎,本來?”

他說”NO NO NO~~睜大眼睛看看,這就是………全布”。

真希望我能拍照或錄影,讓你們看看那驚人的雨量全部都坐落在球場上,可惜事與願違。

我當時絕對可以跟任何人賭100塊鎂金,這場比賽絕對沒辦法繼續打XD,

尤其是在經過一個小時不間斷的大雨後,邊線、壘包、與各個內防區都淪陷了。

 

結果呢?

 

 

將江江講~~又到了見證奇蹟的時刻~~

 

雨停了之後,球場上不知道哪跑來了30個小朋友,

Wow~~見證奇蹟的時刻,他們拿著海綿要把球場吸乾阿!!! Magic!

對不起我笑了XD,因為他們拿著小海綿,但場上已經氾濫了阿。

不管怎麼說,我真是服了他們,他們實在太認真了,而我們也因而重新開始比賽。

Notes from the week

本周摘要

- Reminder you can not hit a batter who has hit a homerun in that game. If
you do you are ejected. That happen to one of our guys last week. Worst part
was it was on a bad slider in which he lost control of it. But rules are
rules I guess.

謹記在心,全壘打後的下一名打者千萬別投觸身球,否則就會被驅逐出場。

上週隊上就有個苦主,最糟糕的是,那是個失控的滑球,不是故意的。

但既然發生了,規則就是規則,沒法度囉。

- If you hit a batter in the head you are ejected. This happened last night
with our pitcher. I believe the hitter is doing fine and sustained no serious
injuries.

如果你丟了一顆頭部觸身球,你也要被趕出場,昨天晚上的比賽就是這樣。

希望也相信那位選手沒什麼大礙,也沒什麼持續性的傷害。

- With all of these pitcher ejections, I don’t think you have to leave the
dugout or get fined.

這些被趕出場的投手會怎樣呢?不會怎樣啦,他們不用真的被趕出球場,

也不會被罰款。(其實不然XD)

- The All-Star game is this weekend in Kaohsiung. The entire team is based on
fan votes. There is some starter going with a 5.50 ERA and a losing record.
But must be a fan favorite.

本周末在高雄就是明星賽啦,由球迷票選出來的明星賽。

ERA5.5而且是拜碼頭王,wow有點奇怪不是嗎?

但我想這就是球迷的力量啦!!

- A lot of friends have asked me about some of the equipment out here. The
best place to get custom gloves, arm guards, and leg guards is
http://www.taiwanbaseball.com.tw/  Ask for my friend Derick. They are
extremely professional and the workmanship of the gloves is the best. You can
pretty much customize any part of the glove. They ship worldwide.


很多家鄉的捧優都在問我說這邊的裝備到底是長怎樣阿。其實上網看一看就知道囉。

http://www.taiwanbaseball.com.tw/
問問我的好朋友德瑞克吧,他在這方面可是很專業的,尤其是手套方面的工藝超強。

幾乎所有部份都可以客製化,而且全球都可以送貨喔。

Thanks for reading and sharing my blog. Thank you to my USA followers and new
Taiwanese followers. I hope that I am still keeping you entertained and ask
that you please leave comments, questions, or suggestions. I love reading

感謝大家閱讀和分享我的部落格,不論是米國的親朋好友還是台灣的新朋友們。

希望這篇文章仍然但給你們很多的愉快和娛樂。

在此也偷偷請求大家爽朗的留言吧(中英文都可以喔)。

不論事評論,疑問,或任何建議都可以呢。我很愛看到你們的回應。

Follow me on Twitter. http://www.twitter.com/utbaseball30

也請繼續推特我。

 

=============================同場加映 趣味推特===========================

[越上面的時間越近]

Practice today in #kaishung consisted of running back & forth 200 feet since
we were rained in. Others took ground balls on a granite floor

今天在高雄的練習包括了200英呎的折返跑Orz 因為我們被雨困住了T_T

其他人在花崗岩地板上練滾地球 酷吧!

#Detroit #Tigers Rookie relievers backpack duties @beckjason @OFFICIAL_TIGERS
http://twitpic.com/5str9g

菜鳥的宿命 XD http://twitpic.com/5str9g

Just received @vucuso17 custom #SSK arm guard! Can't wait for you to rock it
state side...#asia take over http://twitpic.com/5sl1fn

SSK手臂護腕入手啦

Highlights and low lights from our #baseball game tonight in
#Tainan http://t.co/w7FXL90

比賽的高光......與低光

Made it to #Kaoshung, video session now then headed to #Tainan for the game
tonight...hope the weather holds up

到高雄啦....現在正在視訊會議勒 等一下要去台南進行晚上的比賽

希望雨神不要作怪 (鬍子哥因為皮夾放在宿舍沒帶 所以自行前往台南XD)

Grabbing some #Thai food in #jhongli. So far so good. #chicken #satay and
lots of #heat

在中壢吃了些泰式料理 還不錯啦 雞肉沙嗲

Left my wallet at my apartment, so now I get to take the high speed train to
#tainan tomorrow. Missed out on that 5hr bus ride #Flocka

我把皮夾忘再宿舍了 所以我明天得自行搭高鐵去台南了Orz

我錯過了那五小時的猿氣巴


#flooding at the field #typhoon season batting cage under
wateryfrog.com/kigenvtj yfrog.com/kgjc1gpj”

下大雨!!!淹大水!!!颱風季節要來了!! 看看我們的球場...

http://yfrog.com/kigenvtj http://yfrog.com/kgjc1gpj

(有人看了照片說球場比3A還好)


#Taiwan is allowing for prostitution in #limited areas now. Wow! What has
this world come to yfrog.com/kfvlnwqj

台灣要設立紅燈區了嗎 Wow! 這世界怎麼了  http://yfrog.com/kfvlnwqj


@topjojo3000 yes he is unlucky, he hasnt been getting much run support lately
Tough loss for #lamigo lose 7-4 Game tomorrow at home vs the #bulls

(銳吞敗) 他真的很衰 最近得不到什麼打擊支援 我們以7-4輸掉比賽 明天要對哞哞

沒有留言:

張貼留言